Thank you for your interest in joining the Angel Ride Team!
We have an opening at this time for a part-time (avg. 10 hours/week) Driver Companion.
This is a very rewarding, entry level position with an established company and includes the potential for increased hours and pay, plus the opportunity to play an important role in a successful, growing west end family business.
Please read over the Job Summary below to see if this opportunity is for you.
If you meet or exceed the qualifications and expectations outlined below, we would like to hear from you!
Inquiries (please attach a current resume in MS Word or .pdf format) are accepted by email only to: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted within 3 business days.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
JOB SUMMARY: Angel Ride, LLC is a division of Angels For Hire, LLC. The Driver Companion is a very important front line position acting as a representative of Angel Ride and Angels For Hire; providing safe, reliable, courteous, and efficient round trip transportation and assistance to pre-scheduled client appointments. The Driver Companion will typically work independently of co-workers or supervisors and therefore must be self-directed, able to balance safety, good judgment and initiative along with the policies of the company.
Work Hours: This is a part-time PRN position (average 10 hours/week) and requires a very flexible schedule including availability during morning, afternoon, and occasional early evening hours Monday – Saturday, including some holidays. You must be able to accept ride assignments with no more than three days advance notice.
The driver reports to our office, located at Patterson Avenue and Three Chopt Road, before and after each day's assignments. While living near the office is not required it is preferred should a daily assignment be of short duration.
Compensation: Driver's earn a commission for each completed ride assignment based on a percentage of the total client fee. Some ride assignments will pay more than others depending on the client requirements. The equivalent average hourly pay range will fall between $12-$13.
- Provides each client a safe, reliable (on-time), and comfortable outing. Realizing these basic functions are the foundation of our service.
- Maintains excellent attendance including prompt, on-time arrival for each assigned shift.
- Responds promptly by voice/email/text message to all company availability requests.
- Always plans and uses the most efficient travel routes to minimize client cost.
- Accurately documents time and mileage for each outing.
- Reports to the office, located near the intersection of Patterson Ave and Three Chopt Road, prior to the first daily ride and following completion of the last daily ride.
- Keeps vehicle clean, sanitary, and fresh.
- Assists and serves the client during their outing, acting as another set of eyes and ears, and by carrying bags, offering helpful suggestions, taking notes or assisting with paperwork during medical appointments, and serving as their advocate when needed.
- Assists clients with walkers, rollators, and wheelchairs, including folding and stowing in the car.
- Distributes company marketing brochures during outings.
- Ability to handle and care for client pets, including transportation to the groomer or vet.
- Dresses neatly (no jeans or scrubs) is well groomed (including no chipped fingernail polish, exposed tattoos, or body piercings), wears name badge or company logo shirt, and presents a professional public image.
- 20+ years safe driving experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior nursing or senior care experience a plus.
- Enjoys working with and assisting seniors and those with special needs.
- Centrally located within our service area (close to office ideal).
- Strong mapping/GPS skills with an excellent knowledge of Richmond metro area roads and routes of travel, including locations of hospitals, medical office parks, and senior retirement communities.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license (commercial license not required), clean DMV record, and reliable, insured transportation.
- Able to pass drug and criminal background screen.
- Current certificate in basic first aid and CPR.
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray.
- Excellent physical condition and able to lift a folded wheelchair, suitcases or packages up to 60 lbs.
- Owns a full featured smart phone with the ability to search and navigate using the GPS feature, communicate via email and text message, record and text images, make conference calls, and use the internet browser.
- Able to multi-task.
- Articulate and well spoken with outstanding oral/written communication, listening and interpersonal skills. Ability to ask questions, process, understand, and document notes from medical professionals.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Observant at all times.
- Compassionate, patient, friendly, and caring nature.
- Able to remain calm and think clearly in a stressful environment or emergency situation.
- Engaging conversationalist with a sense of humor.
- Personally and emotionally stable.
- Dementia or Alzheimer’s care experience preferred.
- Comfortable working in medical or retirement facility environments.